blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here

:{ Eve's Handbasket }:

Where am I and why am I in this handbasket? Purpose? "To stimulate any sort of thought in any sort of way about any sort of thing."
:: Welcome, you have found yourself in Eve's Handbasket. If you are confused go back to the Beginning | Contact | Site Feed | Home ::
[:{..linx..}:]
CNN
FOXNews
CBC (Canadian News)
BBC News
AlJazeera
C-Span
LiveLeak
Center for Public Integrity
National Security Archive at GWU
UnderReported.com
Back to Iraq
Baghdad Burning
Tehran Globe
Pravda (Russian News)
Drudge Report
BuzzFlash
World News Network
Air America Radio
Rush Limbaugh
Take Back the Media

:: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 ::

2nd Leak Of Anthrax Found at Army Lab (washingtonpost.com)

I often amuse myself by wondering what an enlightened alien being, if there is such a thing, would think if they plopped down here on earth. What impression would they get from humanity when they discovered that a large percentage of human resources (intelligence, creativity, time, energy, and money) went towards inventing and producing highly intelligent and creative weapons en masse that are collectively capable of destroying the human race thousands (low-ball estimate) of times over. All of this while people are still starving to death in thatch huts.

If I were an alien I would probably split my alien-equivalent of a spleen laughing. Then I'd zip home and invite all of my friends to come see the most absurd black comedy in all the universe. Unfortunately though, I am human so all I wish to do is vomit. The real kick in the pants will be when we "accidentally" exterminate ourselves as a result of some idiocy such as what ocurred in this article, and all of our "deterrents" will finally be of no use.

I'm interested in hearing my fellows thoughts on this and all other things monumental, so I'm working on getting a comment system running as soon as I cure my ignorance of the process. Developing...

:: Damien 4/24/2002 [+] ::
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?